JA Control Panle

Alteration of Name

Non ci sono traduzioni disponibili.

Alterations to name/ may be included in the  existing passports provided that the name/s in the birth certificate has/have been altered in accordance with the birth registration regulations of Sri Lanka. Those birth certificates must be certified by the Consular Division of the Ministry of External Affairs, Colombo.

Female applicants using name of her husband after marriage, who wish to include it in her passport should fulfil the following formalities.

The marriage certificate should be certified by the Consular Division of the Ministry of External  Affairs, Colombo . If the marriage has been registered outside Sri Lanka , the Marriage Certificate should be countersigned by the diplomatic representation of the respective country.

Documents required:

a. Current Passport

b. Duly filled Form 'O' IM 37, Click here to download application form “O IM 37”

c. Relevant original documents

d. Relevant fee in Euro


Ambasciata dello Sri Lanka

  • Indirizzo: Via Adige, 2 - 00198 Roma
  • Tel 06.8840801 - 06.8554560
  • Fax: 06.84241670
  • Mail: embassy@srilankaembassyrome.org


You are here: Travel Documents (Passport) > Alteration of Name